ENS117 Engineering Problem Solving
Engineering problems are solved by engineers, not
- The final exam and its solution is posted.
- The semester is concluded - have a great summer!
Links to other useful websites:
- College Briefs, Campus
Briefs, and Notices
Ammerman Campus Writing Center
- Suffolk Community College
- Suffolk County Government Online
- Professional Engineering Links
- Each state has its own requirements for
licensing professions. In NY, the New York State Education
Department establishes the rules. The requirements are on the
page of the Office of the Professions.
- One of the requirements is to take two exams -
"Fundamentals of Engineering", and "Principles and Practice". As
listed in Section 7206, the Fundamentals of Engineering exam can be taken any
time you are within 20 credits of obtaining your bachelor's degree from
an ABET accredited program.
- ABET - The
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, accredits
engineering and technology programs. A bachelor's degree from an
ABET equivalent program in engineering counts as eight years of credit.
- NCEES - The
National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying administers
the exams. They also set guidelines for taking the exam. For
example, only certain models of calculators will be permitted within the
examination room. Go to the NCEES site to find out which ones, and
- The National Society of Professional Engineers.
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
This page last updated