To enable a student to:
- Identify and comprehend traditional and current issues in Biomedical Ethics;
- Define the main areas of ethical discourse;
- Discuss theories of ethics: teleological and deontological
- Develop skills of critical ethical analysis of contemporary moral problems in
medicine and health care.
- Analyze and respond to the comments of other students regarding philosophical
- Identify some of the basic content in the field of BIOMEDICAL ETHICS,
traditional and current Issues in Biomedical Ethics,
- Communicate your awareness of and understanding of
- Demonstrate familiarity with the main areas
discourse related to these dilemmas in Biomedical Ethics ,
- Develop skills of critical analysis and dialectical thinking
used in (a) analyzing cases and dilemmas , (b) in forming and defending
positions, (c) analyzing and responding to the comments of other students
regarding Biomedical issues.
Each module in this course will have its own set of learning objectives.
These will be stated in the What's Due When document that summarizes the
learning activities and due dates for each module period.
\return to outline topics index