HIS-107 Global Governance Review Prof. West
1. What is global governance? What must be involved? What need not be involved?
2. How has national sovereignty become limited in recent years?
3. How are criminal activities punished on the national level? On the international level?
4. What kinds of groups or organizations are usually the belligerents in modern warfare?
5. What kind of a government is the United Nations?
6. What process is used to deal with international problems?
7. What process is used to deal with problems within national boundaries?
8. What is the last resort in dealing with international problems?
9. What is the last resort in dealing with problems within national boundaries?
10. Who has veto power in the United Nations?
11. How are delegates to the General Assembly chosen and whom do they represent?
12. How are delegates to the Security Council chosen and whom do they represent?
13. What power does the General Assembly have?
14. What power does the Security Council have?
15. What power and what jurisdiction does the International Court of Justice (the World Court) have?
16. What are some of the proposals to strengthen or reform the UN?
17. What is the Binding Triad?
18. What jurisdiction does the international criminal court have?
Global Governance Reading