HIS-103 Test Review Index
Review for Third Test
1. What were some of the basic beliefs about government, which Americans had to accept, in order to approve the Constitution of 1787?
2. What was the first constitution of the United States called?
3. What was the most important branch of the U.S. government under the first constitution?
4. What was the best description of the U.S. political system under the first constitution?
5. What were the weaknesses of Congress under the first constitution?
6. Which European powers challenged the United States at its borders in the 1780's?
7. What disputes existed between Spain and the United States?
8. What was the one area of substantial achievement by the Confederation Congress?
9. How did the status of African-Americans change after the American Revolution?
10. What were the provisions of the Land Ordinance of 1785?
11. After the American Revolution, what gains, if any, were made by women?
12. Why was the Society of Cincinnati criticized?
13. What was the most important result of Shay's rebellion?
14. Which leader shaped the framing of the Constitution of 1787 more than anyone else?
15. What did the delegates to the Constitutional Converntion share in terms of background and ideas?
16. What was the major issue, which caused a deadlock at the Constitutional Convention until a compromise was found?
17. What did the Federalist Papers argue in favor of?
18. What is the significance of the phrase in the Declaration of Independence: "All men are created equal"?
19. What was a principal argument made by Federalists in the debate over ratification of the Constitution?
20. What changes were made in state constitutions after independence was declared?
21. What did the changes, occurring between 1763 and 1775, which brought on the American Revolution, involve?
22. What were some of the most important principles incorporated in the the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
23. What were some of the ways in which the Constitution of 1787 limited the power of government?
24. What was one of the most significant differences between the first constitution of the United States and the U.S. Constitution of 1787?
25. What were the provisions of the Northwest Ordinance?